TARGET FORMAT (Duration): [LaFlash Presentation (0.5 Hour), Adobe eSeminar (1 Hour), Conference Presentation (1 Hour), RMI Nanocamp Session (4 Hours), RMI 2-Day Workshop (16 Hours), University-level Course (30 Hours)]
AGENDA: Blitting is a technique to beat the native graphical limitations of the Flash player. Learn how to achieve higher framerates and unprecedented visual effects in your projects. While the examples shown will be specific to Flex 4 for deployment to the browser, this session is equally relevant for application developers of other technologies including Adobe Flash CS5 and Adobe Flex 4 for Adobe AIR desktop deployment.
AUDIENCE: Intermediate to advanced Adobe Flash CS5 and Adobe Flex 4 developers with equivalent ActionScript 3.0 knowledge.
LAPTOP REQUIREMENT FOR ATTENDEES: [Optional / Recommended / Required] for [Note taking / Code-as-we-go / Assigned Work]
TAKE-AWAY: Attendees will gain a deeper understanding of how to design and develop stateful applications. All source code and documentation will be available to attendees.
- Section 1: Overview of the Basics
- What is blitting?
- Why do I care?
- How do I do it?
- Section 2: Advanced Techniques
- Simple Blitting Demo (as a recap)
- Blitting with Effects
- Blitting with Animated Sprites
- Blitting with PaperVision3D Models as resources (COOL!!!)
- Section 3: Sample Uses: One Demo Each
- Blitting for Games
- Blitting for Animation
- Blitting for Applications
- Not yet confirmed for any event.
- Leave a comment to request I speak at your event.