TARGET FORMAT (Duration): [LaFlash Presentation (0.5 Hour),Adobe eSeminar (1 Hour), Conference Presentation (1 Hour), RMI Nanocamp Session (4 Hours) x 2 , RMI 2-Day Workshop (16 Hours), University-level Course (30 Hours)]
AGENDA: We will explore all phases of Full-Cycle Application Development w/ Adobe Flex 3. Each phase will be defined and its value and process made clear, as we follow along the development of a Flex 3 application for browser deployment. While specific to that scope, this session is equally relevant for application developers of other technologies including Adobe Flash CS5 and Adobe Flex 4 for Adobe AIR desktop deployment.AUDIENCE: Intermediate to advanced Adobe Flash CS5 and Adobe Flex 4 developers with equivalent ActionScript 3.0 knowledge.
LAPTOP REQUIREMENT FOR ATTENDEES: [Optional / Recommended / Required] for [Note taking / Code-as-we-go / Assigned Work]
TAKE-AWAY: Attendees will gain a deeper understanding of the software development life-cycle within the specific context of Adobe Flex 3. All source code and documentation will be available to attendees.
- SECTION 1: Overview of the Software Development Life-cycle (15% of Course)
- Project planning, feasibility study: Define the scope and create the project charter.
- Systems analysis, requirements definition: Define project activities, work-breakdown structure, and technical aspects of the project.
- Systems design: Describes desired features and operations in detail, including screen layouts, business rules, process diagrams, pseudo code, and other documentation.
- Implementation: The real code is written during this phase.
- Integration and testing: Brings all the pieces together into a special testing environment. The production is QA tested.
- Acceptance, installation, deployment: The final stage of development, where the completed product is ready for production use.
- Maintenance: What happens during the rest of the software’s life: changes, correction, additions, moving to a different computing platform, and more
- SECTION 2: Software Development Life-Cycle in Action! (75% of Course)
- Progress through the seven steps of the life-cycle to complete a specific application.
- Review each phase will include specific examples of the deliverables required; documentation, diagrams, wireframes, and of course fully functional Flex 3 application source code.
- SECTION 3: Active Lab (10% of Course)
- Attendees are invited to bring the idea for one or more of their own applications to the session.
- He or she will follow an instructor-led lab to evaluate the idea through the 7 phases of application development outlining any specific obstacles and challenges.
- Attendees will leave with clear next steps for the design and development of their application.
- Not yet confirmed for any event.
- Leave a comment to request I speak at your event.
- Available as early as Q1 2010