TARGET FORMAT (Duration): RMI Online Nanocamp Session (4 Hours)
AGENDA: Microarchitectures are groups of design patterns prepared to work together in concert. PureMVC represents a leading alternative to the well-known Cairngorm framework. PureMVC is a light framework for creating applications based on the class Model-View-Controller meta designpattern. It has a very narrow goal, to provide design patterns AND development patterns to help you separate your programming into three distinct areas; data, user interface, and the application logic. It is approachable and powerful with minimal tedium and repetition in development.
While the examples shown will be specific to Flex 3 for deployment to the browser, this session is equally relevant for application developers of other technologies including Adobe Flash CS3 and Adobe Flex 3 for Adobe AIR desktop deployment.
AUDIENCE: Intermediate to advanced Adobe Flash CS3 and Adobe Flex 3 developers with equivalent ActionScript 3.0 knowledge.
LAPTOP REQUIREMENT FOR ATTENDEES: [Optional / Recommended / Required] for [Note taking / Code-as-we-go / Assigned Work]
TAKE-AWAY: Attendees will gain a deeper understanding of how frameworks will facilitate design and development, and learn how PureMVC is a leading framework of choice. All source code and documentation will be available to attendees.
- Section 1: The Benefits of PureMVC (10% of Session)
- Section 2: PMVC Applied (50% of Session)
- Deconstructing an existing sample application
- Building an Application from Scratch
- Section 3: Designing and Developing Applications with the PureMVC framework (35% of Session)
- User Stories
- Functional Specifications
- Data Flow of UX
- Technical Specifications
- Requirements Documentation
- Sequence Diagramming
- Data Model Definition
- Class Diagramming
- Functional UI Design
- Functional UI Development
- UI Style Design
- UI Style Development
- Getting Started
- Using Templates
- Laying the Plan into Action
- Application Maintenance and Adding new Application Features
- Section 4: General QA and PureMVC vs Cairngorm: One Man’s Opinion (5% of Session)
- Presented LIVE, Online on RichMediaInstitute.com on 10am (PST) Saturday, September 20th, 2008.