With the help of the Hawaii Adobe Flash User Group, on Thursday April 26th at 5pm EST (2pm PST), I will give a live online screencast to explain more about Starling. Come join us!
Live, Free Online Training
Title: Introduction To Stage3D Flash Gaming With Starling
Date: April 26, 2012 05:00 PM – 06:00 PM (GMT-5 Eastern Time US & Canada). Duration: 50-60 minutes.
RSVP: The event is closed.
Location: Free, On-line through Adobe Connect. The event is closed.
Speaker: Samuel Asher Rivello is the principal of Rivello Multimedia Consulting (RMC). RMC’s Flash and Flex services include software architecture, consulting, development, and training. Sam has over a decade of experience creating games and applications, and is currently traveling the globe to collaborate with top companies. Sam is an Adobe Certified Designer and Developer for Flash, an Adobe Flex Champion, an international public speaker, and a university instructor. His writing and coding have appeared in leading publications such as Adobe’s “EDGE”™ online magazine, and Futurenet Publishing’s “Computer Arts Projects”™ print magazine.
Follow Sam on Twitter: @srivello
Agenda:The session will start with the benefits of Flash for gaming and some new features. We’ll look at Stage3D – Flash Player 11’s GPU accelerated rendering pipeline for 2D and 3D gaming. The bulk of the session will be looking at code for a very simple, yet complete 2D game built with the Stage3D Starling Framework. All source code will be provided to attendees.
Bonus: Time-permitting we’ll checkout two hot Starling extensions – a vector graphics plugin and a particle effects plugin.
- Now Available!: The full 65 minute recording of the online session (See ‘Member Resources’ below).
- Now Available!: The full source-code will be available (See ‘Member Resources’ below).
- Now Available!: The presentation slides will be available (See ‘Member Resources’ below).
- Now Available!: The relevant links will be available
[private_Free member]Enjoy this members-only content!
Watch Recording of Adobe Connect Session
- Here is the video!
- The official Starling Site
- The official Particle System Editor for the Starling particle system extension
- My Intro To Starling article
- My review of the fantastic Starling DynamicTextureAtlas Generator extension
Download Source Code
- Download ‘Hello World Starling’, ‘FlyerGame’, & ‘FlyerGame (OOP Version)’ from the repository on Github.com