AGENDA: I was be one of the instructors on a vacation destination-based training cruise through the Western Caribbean. A two day conference plus a 7 day fun in the sun cruise December 6th to the 13th 2009. What could be better? Plus your friends and family are invited.
Travel from New Orleans to Costa Maya (Mexico), Santo Tomas De Castilla (Guatemala), Belize City (Belize) and Cozumel (Mexico).
We are strictly limited to 70 attendees for this conference. Register now to secure your spot.
TOPICS: I have two amazing topics bubbling in my head. It will shock and surprise the world which one I choose (or perhaps I’ll prepare and present both).
- TOPIC 1: “What’s New In Flex 4” aka “Why Should I Care About Flex?”
- Adobe Flex 4* is updated with tons of must-have new features! MXML & AS3 (Flash 10) are faster and more potent, the component architecture & skinning model is game-changing, the Flash Builder 4 IDE is easier and more powerful than ever, and more! For newbies, there has never been a better time to jump into Flex, and for veterans this training will expose just what you need to augment your tool set. This will be an adapted from my “Top 10 Flex 4 Features” presentation.
- TOPIC 2: “Creating Biological Life with Flex 4”
- I review a biological definition of life (7 qualifications such as ‘growth’, ‘metabolism’, & ‘reproduction’) and showcase a simulation of digital-amoebas that meet the criteria. The code will be available to attendees to contribute their own micro-life-forms to the project.Â The high-level concept is to compare bio-life to digital-life by analyzing the Object Oriented principles and AS3 concepts which power such creatures.
AUDIENCE: Beginner to advanced Flash and Flex Developers who want to mix the joys of learning, the thrills of travel, and the rewards of relaxation.
TAKE-AWAY: Attendees will be inspired and recharged!!!
- New Orleans to Central America – December 6th – 13th, 2009.
- Leave a comment to learn more about vacation destination-based training events in the future.