Stage3D was introduced in Flash Player 11. It allows for GPU-Accelerated 2D and 3D performance in the Flash Player that is 1000x faster than before. It was not publicly available for AIR mobile projects until AIR 3.2.
There are lot of new significant features like mouseLock, middle click, right click, silent auto-update and Stage3D on mobile.
Super Easy Setup
- Download the new SDK (“Step 2”)
- Unzip the new SDK
- Open Flash Builder. Open Preferences. Search for “Installed Flex SDKs”. Look at the URL for an existing SDK. See the image below.
- Open Finder (or Windows Explorer) to that ‘sdks’ folder. Drag the new SDK next to the existing sdk(s).
- Open the same Flash Builder Panel. preferences panel again. Choose ‘add’ and browse to the new SDK. Don’t set it as ‘default’. But for each new project you create, it will be a choice for you to use.
Thats it. Enjoy!
Checkout other related articles.
- Intro To The Starling Framework For AS3 with Stage3D
- Angry Birds’ Screams on Facebook with Flash with Stage3D
- What *IS* Wrong With AIR 3.0 Native Extensions!