Learn Unity 3D & C# – From Basics to Advanced
There is incredible momentum in the Unity3D product and its community. Here is a look at key features of the latest release.
Top Unity3D 4.2 Features
My top 3 ‘Free Unity’ version features per category are here;
- Windows Phone 8 (Yes!)
- Windows Store (Yes!)
- BlackBerry 10 (Yes!)
‘Free Unity’ Features (Formerly Pro Unity Features)
- Realtime shadows (one-directional light only; hard shadows only). (Yes!)
- Text-based serialization of materials, prefabs, scenes etc. for easier version control. (Yes!)
- NavMesh baking (OffMeshLinks still require Pro).
- OpenGL for Android
- Shuriken Collision Event Callback Scripting
- Preset Libraries: Create new libraries and save. (Yes!)
- Platform switching, player building and asset importing can now be cancelled.
See Unity’s official 4.2 announcement here.
Want More Video Tutorials?
We are currently creating tons of new training content for Unity3D.