The language from Apple’s agreement states “Applications may only use Documented APIs in the manner prescribed by Apple and must not use or call any private APIs”. This stipulation is a move by Apple to render the new Adobe Flash CS5 feature of port Flash files as iPhone/iPad apps totally useless.
Read more below…
Extra! Extra! Read All About It!
- I * Think * this is the guy that broke the story…
- The licensing agreement for the newly unveiled iPhone OS 4.0 ensures Adobe’s Flash isn’t going to turn up on the iPad or iPhone anytime soon
- iPhone Bans Adobe Flash
- iPhone Private API
Who Can Publish to iPhone?
- Developers Using Apples Dev Toolkit for iPhone
- Unity 3D continues to be allowed to publish to iTouch/IPad/IPhone
Who CANNOT Publish to iPhone?
- Adobe Flash using its iPhone Exporter (a to-be-released Flash CS5 Feature)
- Other 3rd Party Publishing Technologies (not sure what others exist…)