Learn Unity 3D & C# – From Basics to Advanced
Unity3D is a powerful suite of tools (Project IDE, Code IDE, run-time) for game development. Read the full “Introduction to Unity3D” article and watch the videos below.
As always, RivelloMultimediaConsulting.com/unity/ will be the central location for deep articles and tutorials, Facebook.com/RivelloMultimediaConsulting (like us!) will engage the growing RMC+Unity community, and for the latest opinions and cool links follow me at Twitter.com/srivello.
Please add a comment below on this post and include the video number. (e.g. “2.1 – I have a question about…”)
Table Of Contents
The videos and source-code are available below this table of contents for all topics marked with [Complete!]. Check back regularly for more videos.
- 1.1 Series Overview: Welcome [Complete!]
- 1.2 IDE – Unity Editor: Learn the basics of project creation, setup, editing, and publishing. [Complete!]
- 1.3 IDE – MonoDevelop Part 1: Explore this editor; create classes, code, debug, & compile. [Complete!]
- 1.4 Demo Source Code: Where to download the source code & a quick overview of the demo project. [Complete!]
- 1.5 IDE – MonoDevelop Part 2: Learn advanced IDE techniques and “What’s New In MonoDevelop 4.0”.
2. C# With Cocktails – Basic Programing
- 2.1 Programming – C# Primitives – (e.g. int, float, string) [Complete!]
- 2.2 Programming – C# OOP – Object Oriented Programming [Complete!]
- 2.3 Programming – C# UnityEngine API Part 1 – Component-based thinking & communicating with GameObject & MonoBehavior. Bonus: Create a cube, texture it, and play a sound via Inspector window. [Complete!]
- 2.4 Programming – C# UnityEngine Physics – – Colliders, Rigid Bodies, OnCollisionEnter [Complete!]
- 2.5 Programming – C# UnityEngine 2D Part 1 – Using Unity3D for 2D, Camera Setup, Draw calls [Complete!]
- 2.6 Programming – C# UnityEngine API Part 2 – GUIText via C#, Sound via C#, Mouse/Key Input Via C#, Prefabs, 2nd Camera [Complete!]
- 2.7 Programming – C# UnityEngine 2D Part 2 – Learn advanced 2D techniques and “Intro To New Native 2D In Unity 4.3″.
- 2.8 Debugging – Debugging Basics Part 1 – Overview of Finding and Fixing Errors in C#
- 2.9 Debugging – Unity Test Tools Part 1 – Learn Unit Testing Via nUnit [Complete!]
- 3.0 Debugging – Unity Test Tools Part 2 – Advanced Topics
3. C# With Cocktails – Advanced Programming
- 3.1 Programming – C# Advanced Part 1 – Classes, Struct, Partial Classes, Singleton, Interface, Casting, Ref/Out, Conditionals, Loops, Collections [Complete!]
- 3.2 Programming – C# Advanced Part 2 – Generics, Delegates/Actions/Predicates/Lamda, Threads, Extension Methods, Operator Overloading, Attributes, Preprocessor Directives [Complete!]
- 3.3 Programming – C# UnityEngine API Part 3 (e.g. Custom Inspector, Custom Editor, Custom EditorWindow)
- 3.4 Architectures – C# Architectures Part 1 – MVC
- 3.5 Architectures – C# Architectures Part 2 – The StrangeIoC Framework 1 [Complete!]
- 3.6 Architectures – C# Architectures Part 3 – The StrangeIoC 2 : PropertyChangeSignal [Complete!]
- 3.7 Architectures – C# Architectures Part 4 – Creating an ‘EventDispatcher’ Framework
- 3.8 Graphics – Shaders – Creating custom shaders using ShaderLab
4. Asset Store Packages
- 4.1 Buy vs Build Theory – When is it best to buy a 3rd party plugin?
- 4.2 Package: iTween (Free) – Easily animate with code
- 4.3 Package: NGUI (Premium) – Create 2D & 3D UI interface elements and UI components
- 4.4 Package: PlayMaker (Premium) – Visual Scripting (Especially for Finite State Machines)
5. Complete Projects
- 5.1 Build Simple Game #1 – TBD 3D Action
- 5.2 Build Simple Game #1 With a Custom Game Manager – TBD 3D Action
Free Video Resources
Enjoy a few videos of free content! Sign-up to view the full video series in ‘Member Resources’ below and to access the complete source-code. Membership is free!Vimeo responded to TubePress with an error: Not Found
Member Video Resources
[private_Free member]Enjoy this members-only content!
- All videos Use This Project (link)
VideosVimeo responded to TubePress with an error: Not Found