TOPIC: PureMVC Hands-On Creating “Your First Project”
TARGET FORMAT (Duration):Â Conference Presentation Hands On (3 Hour),
AGENDA:Â Microarchitectures are groups of design patterns prepared to work together in concert. PureMVC represents a leading alternative to the well-known Cairngorm framework. PureMVC is a light framework for creating applications based on the class Model-View-Controller meta designpattern. It has a very narrow goal, to provide design patterns AND development patterns to help you separate your programming into three distinct areas; data, user interface, and the application logic. It is approachable and powerful with minimal tedium and repetition in development.
In this beginner session we’ll see how to setup your first PureMVC based on a proven project template.Â We’ll lay down the groundwork and add new features to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the framework.
While the examples shown will be specific to Adobe Flex 3 for deployment to the browser, this session is equally relevant for application developers of other technologies including Adobe Flex 3 for Adobe AIR desktop deployment.
AUDIENCE: Intermediate to advanced Adobe Flash CS4 and Adobe Flex 3 developers with equivalent ActionScript 3.0 knowledge.
LAPTOP REQUIREMENT FOR ATTENDEES: [Strongly Recommended]
TAKE-AWAY: Attendees will have another tool in their belt for organizing readable, efficient, maintainable projects. All source code and documentation will be available to attendees.
- Section 1: Background of and Benefits of PureMVC
- Section 2: PureMVC Applied
- Creating a New PureMVC Project from Scratch
- Creating a New PureMVC Project using the PureMVC Template Project
- Evaluating and Identifying Weak Spots
- Section 3: Extending a PureMVC Application
- Session: Tuesday May 19th, 1pm – 3:50pm (CST) 2009.
- The show will be going down May 18-20, 2009. You can check out the other great 49 speakers on the schedule. It’s looking like it’s gonna be another great 360|Flex conference, especially with yours truly speaking. Tickets are cheaper on a first come, first serve basis! So buy your tickets asap at http://360flex.eventbrite.com to get the best possible price. See you there!