TOPIC: Managing Application State w/ Adobe Flex 3
AGENDA: Simple form controls may feature only one view and one set of data. Easy right? However, many of our real applications are much more complex than mere forms. Managing multiple visual states and sets of data can become overwhelming during the design and development of more robust projects. With proper design methodologies and development practices we can successfully manage state in our applications. Learn state management to build more powerful applications featuring greater scalability. While the examples shown will be specific to Flex 3 for deployment to the browser, this session is equally relevant for application developers of other technologies including Adobe Flash CS3 and Adobe Flex 3 for Adobe AIR desktop deployment.
AUDIENCE: Beginner to advanced Adobe Flash CS3 and Adobe Flex 3 developers with equivalent ActionScript 3.0 knowledge.
TAKE-AWAY: Attendees will gain a deeper understanding of how to design and develop stateful applications. All source code and documentation will be available to attendees.
- Section 1: Introduction & State Defined (25 mins)
- State is a Snapshot of Your Application at a Given Time.
- State is Logical
- Stage is Visual
- Section 2: Data-State Management (15 mins)
- Using Conditionals
- Using Namespaces
- Using the State Pattern
- Section 3: View-State Management (10 mins)
- Creating Flex View States
- Using Flex Transitions
- Using Flex Effects
- Marrying View-State with Data-State
- Bonus: Managing State w/ Browser Back Button (Time Permitting – 10 mins)
- Wednesday, February 20th 2008, 7pm (PST)
- View Session Video (Will not be made available)
- Download Documentation & Source Code